Pages

Friday 30 November 2018

Day 1: Arriving in New Zealand

This is a waka. If you didn't know what one was. 
Activity 2: Setting Sail
The first settlers to come to New Zealand must
have been really brave! They had to leave
their original homes and sail thousands of
miles across the ocean on a special boat
called a ‘waka’ to reach New Zealand.



Imagine that you were on board one of the
wakas. On your blog, write a short letter to a
friend telling them about your voyage to New
Zealand. In the letter be sure to tell them how
you feel about moving to a new country. If it
was me, I would have felt really nervous

Dear Mum

We have been sailing for Five days and I'm so nervous I don't know what to expect. How is Unique and the family back there can tell them I miss them and I'll send them a letter soon. We are 5000 miles to New Zealand and the friends I have made on the waka is AMAZING there so helpful and just the people back home. I can't wait to tell you all about it. The food is difference but okay I like your food better.



Goodbye Right you later

Nirvana 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about