Pages

Friday 6 September 2019

Donut Math

Yesterday in math I did a video about how to cut a donut into eight equal pieces with three cuts of a knife. I thought about it thinking how could you do that? I thought I could cut in the middle and then put one side on top of the other. Then cut it half again. That equals four pieces then I cut it in half again. Looked at it and then remembered that it's not eight pieces at all but it's six. So I started again. Here is the why I found it out...

(It's a video you may need headphones)

I found it hard to find a way to cut with three of a knife.

I found it easy to do the video and share with my peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about