Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2018

Week 1: A Place to Stand

This week in the Summer Learning Journey we are learning about our land habitats and how New Zealand come to be. It talks about how the North Island come to be how it is today. It's a story about Maui and how he bring the North Island to be land. And how he caught this with his jawbone hook. His grandmother give him. 
Image result for the fish hook of maui




My top 3 fun facts are:

1.  Auckland is bigger then Wellington but Wellington is still the capital of New Zealand.

2. New Zealand population is 4,749,598 million people in 2018

3. The sky tower is the tallest tower freestanding in southerner Hemisphere standing at 328 meter in height. 





THE END 
  


3 comments:

  1. Mōrena Nirvana!

    My name is Mikey. I am a member of the Summer Learning Journey team and I will be commenting on your blog posts this year. Well done for completing your first activity! :)

    You've chosen some really interesting facts. I particularly like the one about the Sky Tower. Have you been before? I haven't been since I was in primary (nearly 15 years ago!). I live in Auckland now so I think it's time for another visit.

    You've made a great start to your Summer Learning Journey, Nirvana. I can't wait to read more from you soon. Until then, happy blogging! :)

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Nirvana20 December 2018 at 18:10
      BONJOUR Mikey, Nirvana here
      Thank you I have put a lot of time into it.

      My friends have gone to the Sky Tower but I have not. I want to go when I am older it sounds fun and exiting

      I fell like I will be blogger a lot because of the rain in New Zealand.

      Nirvana

      Delete
    2. Bonjour Nirvana,

      It does, doesn't it. Did your friends tell you any stories about their trip to the Sky Tower?

      I'm glad to hear that you'll be blogging a lot over the summer; not so much about the weather though :( It's raining here in Auckland at the moment but I'm hoping it'll clear up before Christmas. Do you and your family have any special Christmas traditions?

      All the best,

      Mikey :)

      Delete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about